February 04, 2012

Apocolist No. 98: Try 100 New Foods

Cheese counts as food!

1. Cabot & Jasper Hill: Clothbound Cheddar - Greensboro, VT


Tom and I almost ate all of it before I could take a picture. Nutty and yummy English style cheddar made in Vermont. Perfect with crusty bread and a game of gin.

2. Chase Hill Farm: Farmstead Cheese - Warwick, MA


Again, we had almost eaten the whole thing. This was a dense, chewy, delicious cheese. Very buttery and somewhat salty with a nice creamy aftertaste. Mmmmmmm raw cow's milk.

Both were bought at City Feed and Supply in Jamaica Plain, MA. I strongly suggest buying your cheese there if you're in the area. You can sample anything they have on offer and they'll cut pieces for you based on how much you want to spend. I was fortunate enough to attend a tasting with their cheesemonger recently and was super impressed with his depth of knowledge.

Two down, ninety-eight to go! What other things will I shove in my face? WHO KNOWS. An adventure awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment