January 18, 2012

Hats and Hell

From the Apocolist (down there! It lives at the bottom of the blog):

No. 70: Buy 13 accessories that aren't scarves.



A hat from Aldo Accessories. I've never bought a hat before! 2012: the year of buying stuff I've never bought before.

In other news, I have also been trying to keep up with No. 14 (take a spin class 1x a week) and I have come to the conclusion that my own personal hell would be a spin class that never ended. There is a point during every spin class at which I am pretty sure I'm already dead, that this is my punishment for all those times I yelled "SWEET JESUS IN MOCCASINS" or lied to a kid in order to entertain myself, and that the sweating, burning legs, and crazy woman yelling at me over a strong techno beat will last forever. I become resigned to this idea just as we hit "Track 6" or, as I like to think of it, "The Ninth Circle," and then... sweet, merciful rest! Stretching! And finally, the end.

The world looks a little brighter when you realize you're not yet condemned. It's basically the last 10 minutes of "It's a Wonderful Life" every Wednesday night. I'm not dead! Hooray! I live to spin again! MERRY CHRISTMAS, YOU OLD SAVINGS AND LOAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment