November 01, 2011

Different Languages

The other night as I came out of the bathroom, Bear had a strange look on his face.

Bear: Did you wash your hands?

I hadn't, and I said so. I sheepishly went back to the bathroom and washed up.

Me: You know, it only works if you wash for at least 20 seconds.

Bear: Yeah...

Me: Well, I know you only do it for like 5. I've heard it!

This accusation elicited narrowed eyes. He made no denial, though. Never mind for a second that we've listened in on one another's washing habits.

Two hours later he went to the bathroom. Upon finishing his business he washed his hands while counting loudly. I ignored him.

Bear: Didn't you hear me? I counted out loud for you!

Me: I'm sorry. I couldn't understand. I don't speak I-Told-You-So.

I think we're both just a little stubborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment